Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer 2010 Day 1

Thank you all for a wonderful first day of ISLS.
Below you will find the journal prompts to respond to in your blogs. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Journal Questions:

1. Now after your first day, what do you hope to get out of the ISLS Summer Workshop?
2. Highlights from the day including when you were most engaged? Why?
3. How is this similar and different from a teacher professional development workshop?


NOTE: Please bring your water bottle and hot beverage container with you to Hiram tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. 1. I hope to acquire more/better methods of genuinely engaging my students and more tools to help me do so. I hope to learn/refine the skills that will help me to engage/teach my students.

    2. I probably enjoyed working with google earth the most today. I enjoyed it because again, it allowed me to enhance some skills for teaching.

    3. It is similar I think because in both you have a learning goal set out for you. I think it is different because how we go about achieving that goal isn't as rigid with ISLS as it usually is in most workshops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I agree with Beth Schoonover. I would like to add to my arsenal more ways to engage my students.

    2. I loved getting the IPad. I have not had a lot of time tonight due to my daughter's softbal game plus our incredibly slow computer so I still need to sync and play. But so far, so good. Looking forward to seeing how we will incorporate this in the classroom setting.

    3. It is similar to a professional development because we had break-out groups and a task that had to be accomplished. It is different because there was no guided practice first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After day one, I was hoping to get more information as to how I could use what is taught and apply it to the physical sciences.

    My highlights of the day were having my memory refreshed from which was presented three years ago and to see teacher-peers from the inaugural class.

    The similarity is teachers together learning. The difference is that we did not stay inside four walls but went outside to the great outdoors and did science.

    ReplyDelete